I got a notification from a Youtube Channel I follow today and went “YES, I have milk (and everything else)!!”. So the adventure began. Homemade waffles with Greek yogurt, strawberries and bananas.
I enjoy making cute things in the kitchen, and this was definitely cute (you’ll see, stay tuned).
Keep in mind, this is not my recipe, and I’m definitely not taking credit for it.
Watch What’s Up Moms on YouTube for the full how-to.
Slight modification: I don’t own a waffle maker, but I do own a Cuisinart Grill. I feel like the waffle maker would have allowed it to be thinner and round and crispy but hey, sometimes you gotta improvise! It came out pretty good I think. If you decide to use your grill, fold a towel and stick it under the back, so the mixture doesn’t drain out of the oil catcher.
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
4 tbsp butter, melted
1/4 cup milk
1) Beat eggs and sugar until light yellow.
2) Add salt and part of flour, mix to incorporate. Add in remaining flour a little at a time.
3) Pour in milk and melted butter and mix.
4) Heat griddle and spoon in a generous amount of batter
5) Once done, place waffle on the outside of a bowl to form a bowl shape, with another bowl on top to press down and shape (allow to cool)
6) Add yogurt or ice cream and your favourite toppings